[Oacrao-l] Deficiencies part 82

Armstrong, Pamla R. parmstro at ecok.edu
Wed Jan 25 14:07:38 CST 2012

Paul,

We do not allow curricular deficiencies to be remediated by anything
other course than MATH 0214 Intermediate Algebra.  Students are not
allowed to take any college level class until the remediation is taken
care of.

Skills deficiencies are a bit different.  We have a grid which looks at
both ACT and Compass.  If a student scores high enough to take MATH 1413
Survey of Math but not high enough to take MATH 1513 College Algebra, we
will allow enrollment in the 1413 course.  This is usually done by those
with majors not requiring 1513.  However, if the student must take 1513
for their major, they are required to successfully complete 0214 before
they are allowed to enroll in 1513.

Pamla