[Oacrao-l] Imaging Systems

Langston, Ginna ruth-langston at utulsa.edu
Wed Jul 18 10:41:04 CDT 2012

University of Tulsa responses in RED:

From: oacrao-l-bounces at lists.onenet.net [mailto:oacrao-l-bounces at lists.onenet.net] On Behalf Of David Barron
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 10:24 AM
To: oacrao-l at lists.onenet.net
Subject: [Oacrao-l] Imaging Systems

I would like to take a quick survey of my colleagues regarding your document imaging systems.
We currently use ImageNow.

1)      Do you utilize a document imaging system?  Yes!

2)      What system do you use? ImageNow

3)      How many scanning stations do you utilize? We have two although are quickly hitting that stage of one being enough.  We scanned everything we had that had not been microfilmed previously, so roughly 5 years-worth of documents plus everything that comes into our office daily.

4)      Do you scan all documents received before processing or do you scan student files after processing?  Both.  Hard copy received in our office are processed and then scanned.  Other offices on campus are able to scan and send to our queue and so we work those documents after they have been scanned.

5)      How many staff do you employee to facilitate the document scanning process? Three people in the office scan, although none of them full-time.  They scan what they work on.  I have workstudies scan my documents for me and I link them to the student's file.

6)      Does your current system function well for your needs - this is our second system and it is so superior to the first.  I love this system and there is not a need that we have that cannot be dealt with.

7)      Do others outside Enrollment Management utilize the same scanning system?  Yes - all three admission offices (UG, GR and LAW), all collegiate advising offices, our business office, financial aid office and housing office.

Thanks for your responses. I will share the result with anyone interested.

Thanks and have a great day,

David Barron
Executive Director of Enrollment Management
Rogers State University
1701 W. Will Rogers Blvd.
Claremore, OK 74107-3252
918.343.7852