[Oacrao-l] DHS Assigned Social Security Number

David Fulmer dfulmer at oru.edu
Wed Oct 8 11:46:52 CDT 2014

Alan, that's an interesting scenario.  We have designated department ownership of certain areas and if payroll is involved then we don't do anything on the student side.  They will populate that SSN field to meet their needs and I don't do anything with it without their permission.

We also print the last four digits of the SSN on our transcripts so that would be questionable if all of a sudden that number changed.  I'll be interested in hearing what our colleagues have to say about this.

In His Service,

David H. Fulmer, III
Registrar, Oral Roberts University
Adjunct Instructor, ORU Online and Lifelong Learning
(918) 495-7967  (918) 495-6607 (fax)
http://registrar.oru.edu<http://registrar.oru.edu/>