[Oacrao-l] W's on Final exam

Rick Edgington Rick.Edgington at noc.edu
Thu Sep 25 07:42:23 CDT 2014

Pam,
NOC follows the same procedure as NSU with one exception.  A few years ago our faculty curriculum council voted to allow students in remedial courses to withdraw during finals.  A student must take the withdraw slip to the final and this must be in consultation with the faculty member who is encouraging the student to successfully complete remedial coursework.  The faculty member then brings the slip to the registrar’s office.  I obtain the department chair signature and signature from the office of Academic Affairs.  Our remedial faculty, in all areas (English, Reading, Math, & Science) require a 75% for a grade of C.  When a student is on the border, the faculty are trying to get them through remedial.  Out of 5000 students, I might get 2 drops a semester, maybe.  This procedure is not for those students who have been messing around, but for someone who is really trying to finish remedial work.  The drops I have processed have been in math.
Hope this helps.
Rick