[Oacrao-l] Double Dipping

Chelsea Phillips cphillips at usao.edu
Wed Jul 20 14:45:53 CDT 2016

Hello Everyone,

We are reviewing our policy on what we call "double dipping".  For students
double majoring, what do you do if there is an overlap in course
requirements? Do you require the student take an additional course to
substitute the requirement in the 2nd major?  For example: chemistry major
requires Physics I but physics major also requires Physics I - does a
student double majoring in chemistry and physics have to take an additional
course?  Same goes for students with a major and minor with an overlap in
course requirements - do you require them to substitute an additional course
for their minor?

Thanks,

Chelsea Phillips

Registrar/Director of Enrollment & Records

 <http://www.usao.edu/> University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma

405-574-1205 (office)

405-574-1220 (fax)

  _____

This e-mail (including any attachments) is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and/or
protected by legal privilege. Any unauthorized review, use, copy, disclosure
or distribution of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the appropriate party at USAO, and
immediately destroy all copies of this e-mail. USAO does not accept any
liability for breach of security, error or virus that may result from the
transmission of this message.