[Oacrao-l] Double Dipping

Kristie Luke KLuke at se.edu
Wed Jul 20 15:28:07 CDT 2016

Hi,

At Southeastern, we require the student to make up the hours when double-dipping in the major or minor.     We do allow students to use some general education courses for both gened and the major/minor.   Here is what we have printed in the catalog:

Multiple Majors.   A student may earn more than one undergraduate major, including major-minors, by satisfying the requirements of each major program and completing a minimum of 30 unduplicated semester credit hours for each major.

Multiple Minors.  When the same course(s) are required in both the major and the minor, two majors or two minors, the course(s) must be replaced with an equal number of hours from either of the two areas.

General Education and Major/Minor Requirements.   A maximum of ten semester hours of credit used in meeting the requirements in the major field may be used to satisfy the requirements in general education. A maximum of three semester hours of credit used in meeting the requirements in the minor field may be used to satisfy the requirements in general education. When the same courses are required in both the major or minor and general education in excess of the amounts listed previously, the excess courses must be replaced with an equal number of hours from the major or minor area(s).

Kristie Luke
Associate Dean of Academic Records/Registrar
Southeastern Oklahoma State University
1405 N 4th - PMB 4139
Durant, OK 74701
580.745.2176