[Oacrao-l] Administrative Withdrawal Policy

Langston, Ginna ruth-langston at utulsa.edu
Wed Nov 16 13:19:57 CST 2016

A student who never shows is dropped by the collegiate advisors as soon as they become aware, and refunds are negotiable.  Our policy states that “non-attendance of classes does not constitute official withdrawal”, so financial aid and the Controller will get involved to make a decision as to whether the account should be zeroed out.

However, we do have a “Non-voluntary Withdrawal from the University.  Students may be required to withdraw from the University for habitual absence from class, habitual idleness, or any other behavior that prevents them from fulfilling the purposes implied by their registration in the University. “

And
“Non-voluntary Withdrawal from a course.  Students may be withdrawn from a class for habitual behavior which prevents the student or other students from fulfilling the purposes implied by registration in the University.”

In both cases, the student’s transcript registers a W for the course(s).

Hope this helps!

Ginna

May our hearts be broken by the things that break the heart of God.  Bob Pierce

[https://portal.utulsa.edu/offices/university-relations/Email%20Logos/Office%20of%20the%20Registrar.jpg]

Ginna Hunt Langston
Registrar
The University of Tulsa