[Oacrao-l] Question for Banner user registrars regarding CRNs and LMS

David Fulmer dfulmer at oru.edu
Mon Nov 21 17:53:20 CST 2016

Here is the scenario that I am facing. Banner assigns CRNs based on the semester/session in which a course is offered. As such we have the same CRN assigned in different terms. For Banner this is not an issue. However, our LMS coordinator is building courses out and this is causing an issue for them as currently they look at the term and CRN (2017-XXXXX). When a course in 201710 and 201711 has the same CRN it causes an issue.

Is there a way to directly assign a CRN if you know it hasn't been used or does Banner have to generate it?

Very confused,

David

This e-mail and any attachments to it are covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Sections 2510-2521. This e-mail may contain confidential information and you are requested not to disclose, copy, or distribute this e-mail without prior authorization of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy the e-mail and its attachments without reading or saving them and immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail or at (918) 495-7480<tel:%28918%29%20495-6175>.

[ORU | 50th Anniversary | To the Uttermost Bounds of the Earth]<http://www.oru.edu/50/>
[twitter]<http://twitter.com/OralRobertsU>      [facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/OralRobertsUniversity>      [LinkedIn] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/165330>     [YouTube] <http://www.youtube.com/oruvideo>