[Okgrantsmanship] UG UPDATE: Coming December 19th: Publication of the implementing regulation for the Uniform Guidance!

Mason, Linda lmason at osrhe.edu
Mon Dec 15 16:40:34 CST 2014

As some of you have seen, the note below is now circulating.  Included will be agency implementation plans.  We have been told that those plans should not have significant deviations or overly-specific guidance, but if/when there is, it will be relatively clearly identified.

COGR will conduct initial analysis beginning December 18 and have more detailed analysis after the Holiday break.

We also understand there will be a 60-day comment period, so while we do not expect to comment in the same level of detail that we have in the past, we will comment on selected topics.  PLEASE NOTE, the UG is being released as Interim Final, which means that it will be effective on December 26th - the 60-day comment period is standard federal protocol and gives the community one last opportunity to address issues / oversights / egregious errors that still may be of concern.

David Kennedy
Director, Costing Policies

Dear non-Federal stakeholders  -

Thank you for all the engagement and feedback provided during the past year in preparation for the December 26th Uniform Guidance effective date!

The interim joint final rule implementing the Uniform Guidance will be available for public inspection December 18th and published in the Federal Register<https://www.federalregister.gov/> December 19th and effective for new awards or some funding increments on or after December 26, 2014.

For more information regarding the Uniform Guidance, please see the COFAR website at: https://cfo.gov/cofar.

Thanks again from the entire OFFM team!

Best,
Victoria, Gil, Karen and Rhea