[Okgrantsmanship] Article: Ten Ways to Energize Research Organization Collaborations - Rand Haley, Berkley Research Group

Mason, Linda lmason at osrhe.edu
Thu Sep 11 11:57:07 CDT 2014

TEN WAYS TO ENERGIZE RESEARCH ORGANIZAATION COLLABORATIONS, by Rand Haley -
http://www.brg-expert.com/media/publication/465_Haley_WhitePaper_August2014_WEB.pdf

Executive Summary: This paper provides an analysis of the types of collaborations in terms of depth of involvement and productivity. The collaborative activities range from low depth (such as Connecting Individuals) to high depth of involvement and mature productivity (such as Coordinating Major Pursuits). There are ten of these activities discussed: 1) Connecting Individuals, 2) Facilitating Flow, 3) Seeding Partnerships, 4) Developing Proposals, 5) Managing the Collaboration, 6) Sharing Decision Making, 7) Co-Locating Researchers, 8) Investing at the Interface, 9) Broadening the Collaboration, and 10) Coordinating Major Pursuits.

My point in providing this white paper is to encourage you to help your faculty to be engaged in collaborative projects and document those collaborations on their CV, to their administrators, and to their grant funding organizations. The CV might include narrative components describing collaborative projects in addition to lists of grant proposals and publications. I encourage you to encourage the faculty members to include their collaboration roles in their CVs when they represent a significant investment of their time and expertise.

Dr. Linda Mason
Coordinator of Grant Writing
405-225-9486 desk
405-706-8757 cell
405-225-9230 FAX
lmason at osrhe.edu<mailto:lmason at osrhe.edu>
www.okhighered.org/grant-opps/<http://www.okhighered.org/grant-opps/>

Do not be afraid to give your time to writing grant proposals. Time given to planning proposals is never time lost, but is rather time gained, so that our research, our programs, our collaborations and indeed our whole profession may become more profoundly significant.