[Counselors] Outside agency Parent permission form

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Fri Dec 19 13:27:53 CST 2014

Our school requires:
1) A yearly background check
2) Consent for School Based Services (signed by parent and the agency counselor)
3) Meeting with the building principal or counselor
4) Sign in at the front desk and sign out
We have a meeting at the beginning of the year for all the agency counselors to come meet in principal of both lower and upper elementary as well as counselors.  At that time we go over the requirements.  Counselors are only allowed to see student one time per week during the elective hour only.  The exception to be allowed to see student twice a week is if there is something going on (such as high risk/recent hospital discharge type situation).  We have a compact agreement between agency and school which allows for communication.  Some counselors do not like all of these rules but many understand as well.

Consent for School Based Services
I, _____________(parent/guardian), give permission for my child, ________(child's name), to be taken out of class to receive individual and/or group therapy or rehabilitation services provided by ___________(agency).