[Counselors] Outside agency Parent permission form

OSRHE EPAS PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Fri Dec 19 13:26:29 CST 2014

We have a form titled "Parent Request for Outside Agency to Provide
Services at Skiatook Schools".  We also have the service provider give us
their business card, copy of their license, a background check, and a copy
of their insurance - all collected and approved by our special services
office.  Once that has all been done and the provider is allowed to see our
student(s), the office let's us know and requests elective times from us
(counselors).  These are the only times they are allowed to see our
students.  We do not allow them to see students during core classes.  Our
providers have been very respectful of that with us.

Some of our agencies have a "Consent for Release of Confidential Protected
Health Information" form that parents and students can sign which allow
them to coordinate services with the school.  We have found this extremely
helpful with several of our kiddos.  I often let the outside counselor know
of behaviors and/or issues that we are seeing here at school and ask if
there is anything we can do to help support/reinforce any therapy goals.  I
try to be very respectful of their need for confidentiality and trust they
will share with me what they feel is appropriate in order to best
coordinate services for a student.

I do not have electronic copies of either of these forms, otherwise I would
share them.  I will see if I can get one though.

Thank you,
Sally Randolph
Newman Middle School

*Sally Randolph*
Counselor
*Newman Middle School
<http://www.skiatookschools.org/schools/newman-middle-school/>*
Skiatook Public Schools
918.369.2307 Ext 102

*"Everybody can be great...because anybody can serve." -Dr. Martin Luther
King, Jr.*