[Eoscstudents] IMPORTANT - Residential Move Out Information

Bryan Denny bdenny at eosc.edu
Wed Mar 25 11:33:51 CDT 2020

Residential Students,

To help stop the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), we strongly
encourage all residential housing students NOT to return to campus housing
this semester to protect the health of our campus community. This includes
students in Miller Hall, Johnston Hall, Choctaw Hall and Regents Court.

*Instructions for Move-Out – Beginning Monday, March 30*

   - You must make an appointment with the Office of Student Services
   before arriving on campus to move out.
   - Send an email to housing at eosc.edu and include the following
   information:

   1. Full name
   2. Building and room number
   3. Preferred move-out date (choose morning or afternoon)

   - A scheduled move-out time must be confirmed by the Office of Student
   Services before you arrive on campus. No more than nine (9) students will
   be allowed on each floor at the same time.
   - Each student may bring only one (1) person to help you.
   - A check-out form will be placed in your room prior to your arrival. Go
   straight to your room to limit your exposure to other areas of campus.
   - Your room must be cleaned and all items (including trash) removed from
   your room.
   - Your check-out form must be completed, signed and dated. Leave the
   form and your key in your room and lock the door when you leave.
   - Once you have completed this process, please email housing at eosc.edu to
   notify the Office of Student Services that you have moved out and completed
   the process.
   - You must follow these check-out procedures. Failure to do so may
   result in fines for cleaning, repairs and replacement of keys. Possible
   reimbursements may be delayed if these procedures are not followed.
   - If you are experiencing a fever or any other coronavirus symptoms, DO
   NOT come to campus.

*Exceptions for Students to Remain in Campus Housing*

We will consider limited exceptions to allow students to remain on campus.
However, to remain, you must receive approval from the Office of Student
Services. In these instances you may be required to relocate into a
different living space.

Exceptions may include:

   - International students who have concerns that they would not be
   allowed to return.
   - International students who will have difficulty returning to their
   home country if it has been hard-hit by COVID-19.
   - Students who do not have a home to go to, or for whom going home would
   be unsafe given the circumstances of their home country or home life.
   - Students who have no access to a computer or Internet service and need
   to live on campus to complete online coursework.

If you meet this criteria and want to stay on campus, email housing at eosc.edu
by Thursday, March 26. We need an accurate count of students to make plans
for food and living arrangements.

*Counseling Services*The Office of Student Services will continue to help
students during this transition period.  Should you feel that you are in
need of counseling services during this difficult time, please do not
hesitate to contact us at housing at eosc.edu or 918-465-1818. We will assist
you in scheduling an appointment with the Health and Wellness Center.
Telemedicine appointments from home may also be available.  We appreciate
your patience and understanding as we navigate this unprecedented pandemic.
We hope to see everyone return for the fall semester in good health.

Bryan Denny
Director of Student Life
Professor Criminal Justice
Department Chair/C.O.P. Director