[Oacrao-l] Transmission schedule with the Clearinghouse

Paul Patrick ppatrick at uco.edu
Tue Mar 2 13:27:16 CST 2010

UCO reports enrollments four times:
The Thursday, usually, before the first day of the full term (Clearinghouse considers this a "pre-enrollment" and won't accept one for summer term);
Right after the last day to drop no record (start of 3rd week):
After the last day to enroll for Block II courses (9th week);
During finals week or the following week, depending upon what else is going on.

Graduates:   3 times usually
              Right after the initial clearing run is done, usually the week after grades are due, or as in fall, the same week if we're going on holiday.
              After two or three more weeks (depending upon the rate of clearing up late clears.
              A final time just after the deadline to clear for that particular term.

UCO (a Certified Banner school) uses the Clearinghouse Degree Verify service, so we can report graduates as often as we want, apparently.

We also participate in StudentTracker, so I use a homegrown query, and database to include the extra data fields the Clearinghouse requires to make this a free service.  I use the Banner extract process for auditing records and fixing errors, then use the homegrown stuff to produce the actual enrollment data file.

Paul

Paul Patrick, Associate Registrar
University of Central Oklahoma
ppatrick at uco.edu