[Oacrao-l] Grades and Block Courses

Peaster, Rita rita.peaster at okstate.edu
Thu Nov 4 08:31:48 CDT 2010

Kristie,

Here are answers for OSU:

1. When do you require instructors to submit grades for short-term/block classes?
b. End of the semester.  Exceptions include our 3-week summer pre-session and our first 4-week summer session.  We have earlier grade submission deadlines for classes in those shorter sessions.

2. When are those grades posted on the official transcript?
b. End of the semester (even for the shorter summer session courses).

3. If you post grades to the transcript when the course is finished, do you check for probation/suspension at that time or only at the end of the term?
We only check for probation, suspension, or other changes to academic status at the end of the term.

Rita Gearhart Peaster
Associate Registrar
Oklahoma State University
322 Student Union
Phone: 405.744.3077
I have some questions about final grades for short-term/block courses:

1.       When do you require instructors to submit grades for short-term/block classes?
a. when course is finished   - or-     b.  end of the semester

2.       When are those grades posted on the official transcript?
a. when course is finished   -or-      b. end of the semester

3.       If you post grades to the transcript when the course is finished, do you check for probation/suspension at that time or only at the end of the term?

Currently, Southeastern requests that grades be submitted within three days after the completion of the course, but we do not post them to the transcript until the end of the term.   We have increased the number of block courses that are offered each semester and were wondering how everyone else handles grades for these.

Thanks,
Kristie

Kristie Luke
Assoc. Dean for Admissions & Records/Registrar
Southeastern Oklahoma State University
1405 N 4th, PMB 4225 - Durant, OK  74701
Phone: 580-745-2165  Fax: 580-745-7502
kluke at SE.edu<mailto:kluke at SE.edu>    www.SE.edu<http://www.se.edu/>