[OK-AIR] Miscellaneous Questions

Julie Sawyer sawyerjk at nsuok.edu
Wed Nov 1 14:30:13 CDT 2017

Cindy:

1.      When your institution deletes a program, how long do you allow for
teach-out? Do you treat option/major deletions any differently if the
program is still active?

Maximum of 3 years

2.      Have you come across the website College Factual (
https://www.collegefactual.com/)? What do you know of them and what is your
opinion?

This is the first time I have heard of it.

3.      For publications (web and/or paper), do you redact or adjust small
numbers? If so, what is your cutoff figure?

It depends on the variable, the purpose and the audience.  When we adjust
small numbers, our rule of thumb for minimum cell size is 10 for
undergraduate students and 5 for graduate students.

4.      How do you calculate graduation rates or time to completion for
students beginning in the fall term vs students beginning in the spring
term vs students beginning in the summer term?

We don't use spring starters in calculating graduate rates; summer starters
are included with fall if they are enrolled full-time in the fall term.
For time to completion, it often depends on the project as the definition
of time can vary (calendar days/years vs academic years vs all semesters
including summers vs "regular" semesters only counting fall and spring).

Thanks,
Julie

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Cindy Boling <CBoling at uco.edu> wrote:

> I have several topics for which I would like feedback:
>
> 1.      When your institution deletes a program, how long do you allow
> for teach-out? Do you treat option/major deletions any differently if the
> program is still active?
>
> 2.      Have you come across the website College Factual (
> https://www.collegefactual.com/)? What do you know of them and what is
> your opinion?
>
> 3.      For publications (web and/or paper), do you redact or adjust
> small numbers? If so, what is your cutoff figure?
>
> 4.      How do you calculate graduation rates or time to completion for
> students beginning in the fall term vs students beginning in the spring
> term vs students beginning in the summer term?
>

> *Cindy Boling*
>
> Executive Director, Institutional Research | University of Central Oklahoma
>
> Edmond, OK  73034 | 405.974.2547 | 211A Admin Bldg | cboling at uco.edu
>
> http://www.uco.edu/academic-affairs/ir/
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.uco.edu_academic-2Daffairs_ir_&d=CwMFAg&c=ozaQIQjULwvu86-OCdkRYHRNoyiIvjO9RGA_WNqbchA&r=CAC6bUxj_mTiuB0KVt-0mIlYOGYLDWZAw5T6d4FyNpw&m=3g9Pj0s3c-Q59dfLhZUYwqF0hnC4NEtpjSHeajD7Z8E&s=unw6-ZYKawdrRN3pqBW7yA8In7vgHCxFB_ko7_uMhx4&e=>

Julie Sawyer, Ph.D.
Executive Director
Institutional Effectiveness
Northeastern State University
Tahlequah, OK
918.444.2210

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This email, including attachments, may include confidential and/or
which it is addressed. If the reader of this email is not the intended
recipient or his/her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is prohibited. If
you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying
to this message and deleting this email immediately.